Avalon House is a owned and operated by long time Harrietville locals Kevin and Natalie Raymond. Original purchased by Kevin's grandfather in the 1940's the property has been through many changes.
Avalon House was built back in 1889 with the gold rush for the Mine Managers Residence and is one of the original old Harrietville homes. With 4 private courtyard apartments is great for couples or large groups. The home has operated as a Guest House, School Camp, Gallery, Cafe and Pizza Restaurant. It is now back to its beginnings as a guest house only and running in the same family since the 1940s. Set on a couple of river front acres in the heart of town. Central to all the village amenities it is great for family gatherings or quiet retreats. Avalon House is set on the Ovens River with common garden areas including BBQ's, Fire Pits and Swimming Holes. Access to push bikes, video and board games can be arranged. Check in is via a key safe with husband and wife team on site making sure you have a private and relaxing stay. We are out of the way but not far away.